Why attend? For starters, we’ll be there with a table on the exhibit floor and are hosting a Cartoon Brew cocktail lounge in the lobby. If hanging out with us isn’t enough – how about these incentives:
• CTN-X opens with a few words from director Brenda Chapman (Brave)
• Keynote Speaker Glen Keane
• John Musker interviews Argentinian caricature artist Pablo Lobato.
• 102 year-old Disney Legend Tyrus Wong (Bambi) has confirmed his appearance in conjunction with a documentary-in-progress Tyrus Wong: Brushstrokes in Hollywood.
• Legendary futurist Syd Mead will be doing a seminar about his design career.
• Gaming panel with Doug TenNaple, Creature Box, Michel Gagne and the guys from Halon and Blizzard Ent.
• Sneak peek of Rise of the Guardians at the Dreamworks Animation theater on the studio lot.
• Wreck-it Ralph screening on the Disney lot, in the big theater.
• Gkids will screening all of their new Oscar-qualifying features at the nearby Laemmle NoHo 7.
• New Talent Spotlight featuring 10 international animators, including Jacob Wyatt, Faye Hsu, Elena and Olivia Ceballos and from Madrid, Nacho Rodriguez (I’ll be doing a Q&A with him).
•Other guests include illustrator Jean Baptiste Monge, and the key personnel from Blue Sky Studios.
Not to mention drawing workshops, parties and an exhibition hall with over 100 artists, schools and companies represented – including Stuart Ng, Walt Disney Animation, Dean Yeagle, Wacom, Focal Press, Ryan Woodward, Stephen Silver and on and on…
There’s really too much to mention. The whole thing is one giant artists’ party – and a fantastic networking opportunity. You really should be there. For more information, check the CTN website.