The Ottawa International Animation Festival officially opens its call for submissions to the 2011 competition! Â Entry forms are due May 20th!
From September 21st to 25th, the nation’s capital will once again become the center of the animation universe. Â The Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF) is the largest event of its kind in North America, a major film event attracting attendees from around the world. Film buffs, art lovers and cartoon fans won’t want to miss this year’s great line up of screenings taking place at ByTowne Cinema, National Gallery of Canada, Empire Theatres Rideau Centre and Arts Court Theatre.
2011 Film Submissions
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Deadline for entry forms: Friday, May 20th, 2011
- Deadline for preview DVDs: Friday, June 3rd, 2011
- There is no entry or registration fee.
- Only animated films that were completed after June 15th, 2010, are eligible.
- You must submit your entry form online through your OIAF login account.
- Your preview film must be submitted on a playable DVD (NTSC or PAL). New Media Competition submissions can be submitted as a Weblink or a Flash (SWF) file on CD-ROM or DVD.
- If your film has dialogue that is not English and is not subtitled, you must include an English dialogue script.
- Director’s photograph (300 dpi), biography and 3 stills from the film (300 dpi) are required.
- We cannot accept customs charges. Do not label a value over $10 CAN on your package.
- DVDs submitted for selection will not be returned.
- *NEW IN 2011 If your film is selected, we must receive a 35mm film print or a high-quality Digital Video File (suggested resolution 1280 x 720).
- *NEW IN 2011Â Â The festival no longer accepts Betacam SP or any other tape format as screening copies.
- *NEW IN 2011 All films selected for the festival must be received by Friday, August 5th, 2011.
- Selected 35mm films must also submit a backup screening copy as a Digital Video File only (same technical requirements as above).
- By submitting your online entry form, you are agreeing to the OIAF 2011 Rules and Regulations.
- Official Rules and Regulations: PDF versions are available in English and French, or select Rules and Regulations from the menu above for the English online version. Remember, by submitting your film to the OIAF, you are agreeing to these rules, so read them carefully!
- 2011 Entry Categories: Our complete list of categories that you could enter your film under.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Learn everything you possibly could about the entry process with this handy guide.
- Animation Pimp’s Ottawa Festival Entry Tips: A tongue-in-cheek (if a bit outdated) article with helpful tips, courtesy of AWN. For those over 18 and not easily offended.