BURBANK, Calif. (July 15, 2011) – Sunday is family day at Comic-Con, and this year for the first time, Warner Bros. Entertainment will partner with Time Warner sister company Cartoon Network on a daylong “booth takeover” initiative. On Sunday, July 24, at Comic-Con International: San Diego, the Warner Bros. booth – with its distinctive 30-foot tall replica of the iconic Warner Bros. water tower – will transform overnight into the Cartoon Network booth to create a fun, family friendly environment designed just for kids.
In celebration of family day, Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. will present a day’s worth of kid-friendly events at the booth, including:
- Signings by stars and creators from Regular Show, Adventure Time, The Looney Tunes Show, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and Young Justice
- The return of last year’s smash success kids’ Dance Party, featuring costumed characters like Scooby-Doo and Bugs Bunny. For 2011, dance party revelers will show off their hottest moves on a custom-made Liquid Fusion floor, allowing them to walk on water! (Figuratively, of course.)
- Live demonstrations by cartoonists and other artists, including iconic MAD illustrator Sergio Aragones
- One-of-a-kind giveaways and premiums from Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation, including the live giveaway of the Tweety car
- And more!
Thirty-five workers will work over 500 combined hours to engineer a Cartoon Network rebrand of the 3,600-square-foot Warner Bros. booth, literally overnight, hanging all-new banners and booth signage to create an all-new environment.
CARTOON NETWORK BOOTH EVENT SCHEDULE
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- The Looney Tunes Show autograph signing, 10:15 a.m.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated autograph signing, 10:15 a.m.
- Adventure Time signing, 11:00 a.m.
- Young Justice signing, 11:15 a.m.
- Cartoon Network Dance Party, 12:00 Noon—12:45 p.m.
- Tweety car giveaway, 12:45 p.m.
- Sergio Aragones live cartooning presentation, 1:00 p.m.
- Regular Show signing, 1:45 p.m.