It’s time to laugh as if you had a belly full of jelly and cuddle up in a blanket and enjoy that warm, fuzzy holiday feeling when Cartoon Network kicks off its holiday programming on Monday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. (ET, PT) with the premiere of all new holiday specials from Monday night original series Johnny Test, Adventure Time and MAD. And, of course, there will be a generous gift of animated holiday classics like Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Tom and Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale. Bright spots of Cartoon Network’s holiday programming schedule include:
ALL-NEW MONDAY NIGHT COMEDIES WITH ALL THE TINSEL
Monday, December 5
- Â· 7 p.m. (ET, PT): Johnny Test: “A Holly, Johnny Christmas” — Johnny has to move from the “naughty” to the “nice” side of the list if he wants to get the extreme snowball making machine he wants for Christmas. Catch the replay Wednesday, December 7 at 7 p.m. (ET, PT).
- Â· 8 p.m. (ET, PT): Adventure Time: (half-hour special) “Holly Jolly Secrets” — Finn and Jake stumble across the Ice King’s video diary and look to uncover his secrets. The special will replay Thursday, December 8 at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT).
Monday, December 12
- 7 p.m. (ET, PT): Johnny Test: “Johnny’s Snow Ball” — Johnny sends out an invitation for a Snow Ball that everyone interprets to be a winter dance. But he left out the word “fight” so everyone is surprised by the most epic snowball fight ever. Watch the replay Wednesday, December 14 at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT).
- 8:45 p.m. (ET, PT): MAD: “Toys/Undercover Claws” — MAD’s Christmas Special! First, Woody, Buzz and the Toy Story gang get “lost” on a mysterious island of misfits. Then, Santa Claus goes undercover to see how his workshop really runs. Plus Spy vs. Spy, Alfred E. Neuman and more! Catch the replay Wednesday, December 14 at 8:00 p.m. (ET, PT).
WARM AND FUZZY CHRISTMAS CLASSICS
Wednesday, December 7
- Â· 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT) Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas — Disguised as Santa Claus, the Grinch, along with his loveable dog, Max, steals everything that has to do with Christmas from the town of Whoville. However, he finds that he cannot steal the one thing that makes Christmas special: love for one’s fellow man. The Grinch learns the meaning of Christmas and returns all of the stolen goods to the Whos, then joins in their celebration.
- Â· 8:00 p.m. (ET, PT) Tom and Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale — On a cold Christmas Eve, the Mouse Family is bulldozed from their underground home. Chilly and homeless, the family sets off to find new lodgings and reluctantly seeks shelter in the home of the Atwell family. Amazed at the enormous Christmas tree and bright decorations, Skip and Squeak sneak out of bed and into the living room to discover the real meaning of Christmas.
Saturday, December 10
- Â· 12:00 p.m. (ET, PT) Olive the Other Reindeer — Olive the dog travels to the North Pole to help Santa Claus, and one of Santa’s reindeer breaks a leg. Olive the Other Reindeer, a one-hour feature, is created by Matt Groening (The Simpsons), and Olive is voiced by Drew Barrymore.
Wednesday, December 14
- Â· 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT) Ed, Edd n Eddy’s Jingle, Jingle, Jangle — Eddy’s Christmas falls to pieces after he snoops around and discovers that all his soon-to-be gifts are socks, underwear and other clunkers. Eddy decides to take Santa’s job into his own hands by attempting to get himself adopted into all of his friends’ families, thereby siphoning off their Christmas payload. Eddy learns about how his friends celebrate the holiday, while his best friends, Ed and Double-D, try to convince him that Christmas is about spreading cheer, not greed.