GLENDALE, Calif., May 4, 2012Â — DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) today announced the release of DreamWorks Dragons: TapDragonDrop for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, in conjunction with leading Smartphone games publisher PikPokÂ®.
Available now on the App Store, TapDragonDrop takes players to the Viking island of Berk, where a great storm has struck the village and sheep are now scattered throughout the land.Â The goal of the game is to save the day by using their wit and new Dragon friends to solve puzzles throughout the dangerously funny, sheep-unfriendly world of Berk.Â Tap, Drag and Drop your Dragon’s powerful abilities to rescue the flock, and use catapults, drawbridges and much more to your advantage as you explore the breath-taking Dragon world.
“We’re excited to shareÂ TapDragonDrop with casual gamers and fans of the How to Train Your Dragon franchise,” said Chris Hewish, Head of Global Interactive for DreamWorks Animation. “In addition to the fun gameplay and beautiful design, players can stay engaged as we expand this exciting world of legendary creatures.”
Features in the DreamWorks Dragons: TapDragonDrop game include:
- Play as Toothless and Hiccup
- Explore more than 40 challenging levels from the boundless Dragon world
- Rescue sheep by using a wide variety of items, from catapults and drawbridges to haystacks, boulders, and more
- Collect scattered Viking treasure to unlock secret hero levels
- Check the store for new dragons and new levels available through In-App Purchase
The DreamWorks Dragons: TapDragonDrop App is available for $1.99 from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, or at www.itunes.com/appstore.