“Franklin is one of Nelvana’s most popular and beloved international characters and this stunning new CG series takes the show to a whole new level,” adds Colin Bohm, Managing Director, Nelvana Enterprises. “We are confident that kids and their families in the U.S. will continue to be loyal fans of Franklin as they follow him and his Woodland friends on their daily adventures, learning important life lessons along the way.”
Through interesting and age appropriate stories, the series tackles issues related to personal empowerment, socialization, self-esteem, nature appreciation, and school issues.
The series strives to teach children:
- Â· To nourish children’s ability to make their own decisions and accept the consequences of those decisions.
- Â· To encourage the child to communicate and create bonds with people around him/her including extended family.
- Â· To support the child in the development of skills for self-management and self-control.
- Â· To support the child in the development of self-esteem.
- Â· To encourage the child to learn about nature, the environment and conservation.
- Â· To encourage the child to adopt attitudes and behaviors that will promote school success.
In the new series, Franklin has grown in numerous ways: he has overcome some of his fears, developed new skills, but mostly he has deepened his friendships. Franklin isn’t perfect but he strives to learn from his mistakes and his daily adventures encourage kids to be curious about their world. Each episode of Franklin and Friends features two 11-minute stories. Children can watch Franklin and his friends as they play and interact with their families and the Woodland community.
The schedule for the Feb. 13 premiere week for Franklin and Friends is as follows (all times are 9:30 a.m. ET/PT):
- Â· Monday, Feb. 13 “Franklin and the Gecko Games/Franklin’s All Ears” (SERIES PREMIERE)
Franklin and Beaver want to look after the Nature Nut’s pet gecko, Gordon. So, Goose creates the Gecko Games to find out who would be the best pet-sitter. Beaver is disappointed when she loses, so Franklin gives his win to her. Then, Franklin and Snail overhear their friends talking about a party, but with no balloons, no music and no yummy treats! When they find out that there is no party, Snail and Franklin throw a party for everyone instead.
- Â· Tuesday, Feb. 14 “Franklin Helps Out/Franklin’s Partner”
Franklin fulfils a promise to help Aunt T with her chores and has unexpected fun. Then, Franklin and Bear combine their ideas to make a great bumpy buggy.
- Â· Wednesday, Feb. 15 “Franklin and the Mystery of the Berry Bogie/Franklin Sees a Storm”
Franklin must get the Super Cluepers to work together to find the mysterious Berry Bogie. Then, a storm hits Woodland destroying the tree holding the tree fort and Franklin and his friends must find a new place to play.
- Â· Thursday, Feb. 16 “Franklin and the Wonder/Franklin the Little Bubble”
Franklin and Aunt T help Rabbit overcome his fear of public speaking. Then, Franklin sabotages Aunt T’s party because he thinks she will embarrass him.