Six short films from Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland and United Kingdom will compete for the Cartoon d’Or 2011, the award for the best European animation short film.
The jury composed of directors and producers Stéphane Bernasconi (France), Tony Loeser (Germany) and Victor Maldonado (Spain) have selected the finalists among a shortlist of 30 films award-winners at the major European animation festivals.
The nominees are:
– Mobile by Verena Fels (Germany, 2010, 6’25”. Prod: Filmakademie Baden-WÃ¼rttemberg)
– Paths of Hate by Damian Nenow (Poland, 2010, 10′. Prod: Platige Image)
– Pivot by André Bergs (Netherlands, 2009, 5′. Prod: Il Luster Productions)
– The External World by David O’Reilly (Ireland / Germany, 2010, 17′. Prod: David OReilly Animation / DETAiLFILM)
– The Gruffalo by Jakob Schuh & Max Lang (UK, 2009, 27′. Prod: Magic Light Pictures in association with Studio Soi)
– The Little Boy and the Beast by Johannes Weiland & Uwe HeidschÃ¶tter (Germany, 2009, 6’30”. Prod: Studio Soi)