NEW YORK/LOS ANGELES (April 25, 2012) — A roster of some of the best creative minds in advertising and entertainment has been selected to judge the 4th annual One Show Entertainment, the prestigious awards competition held annually to honor the year’s best in branded entertainment from around the world. Â Leading the panel of 26 top creatives is Jury Chair Chris Bruss, vice president of branded entertainment at Funny or Die, a rising force in Hollywood.
Conceived and produced by The One Club, One Show Entertainment is the first and only awards competition dedicated to honoring the agencies, production companies, network/cable TV channels, film studios and clients creating and producing branded entertainment.Â Launched in 2008, the awards competition since has grown in industry popularity.Â Entries have tripled in number over last year, including submissions from 35 countries across the globe.
Being selected to judge One Show Entertainment is a career-defining honor, as is winning the One Show Entertainment’s coveted Gold, Silver and Bronze Pencil awards, considered the ultimate achievement in the industry.
The stellar roster of judges, in alphabetical order, includes:
- Chris Bruss, VP Branded Entertainment (Jury Chair), Funny or Die
- Stephan Baik, Art Director
- Archie Bell, Creative Director, NBC-Universal, Inc.
- Jesse Coulter, Co-Chief Creative Officer,CAA
- Mark Crumpacker, Chief Marketing Officer, Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Richard Farmer, Director, Green Dot Films
- Catherine A. Finkenstaedt, Executive Producer, Go Film
- Darren Foldes, Executive Producer, Green Dot Films
- Jennifer Frommer, SVP Branded Content & Partnerships, Interscope Records
- Dana Garman, Owner/Principal, Super Studio
- William Gelner, Executive Creative Director + Managing Partner, 180 LA
- Neil Hamel, West Coast Director/Branded Entertainment, Ensemble
- Charles Jensen, Director, Go Film
- Liz Jones, SVP Digital Marketing, Relativity Media
- Shira Lazar, Executive Producer, What’s Trending
- Dana Locatell, Executive Producer & Partner, Supply & Demand Integrated
- Steven Marrs, President, Momentum Entertainment
- Peter McDonough, Chief Marketing & Innovation Officer, Diageo North America
- Ned McNeilage, Creative Director, CAA
- Nate Morley, Creative Director, Skull Candy, Inc.
- Matt Murphy, Creative Director, 72andSunny
- Tim Piper, Partner, Piro
- Brett Ratner, Director/Producer
- Chris Spadaccini, SVP of Brand Marketing, HBO
- Jeff Tomsic, Director, Go Film
- Brent Weinstein, Head of Digital Media, United Talent Agency
One Show Entertainment will reveal the winners on June 13, 2012, when the advertising elite join the Hollywood entertainment crowd for cocktails, awards ceremony and after party at the newly opened Museum of Flying in Santa Monica, CA. Â Â Â So save the date and purchase your tickets now at http://www.oneclub.org/tickets
“From the surprising, novel and other wise delightful fusion of advertising and entertainment, we’re thrilled to have such an illustrious and cross-disciplinary group of industry leaders serve as jurors to determine the best in all forms of branded entertainment content,” said Kevin Swanepoel, President at The One Club.
One Show Entertainment features a broad range of categories including television, film, motion graphics, music, gaming, branded applications, online branded entertainment, events and installations, and innovation in branded content. Three exciting new categories were added to this year’s competition: best brand channel, promos and title sequences.
Jury member bios and headshots are available at www.oneclub.org.
You can follow One Show Entertainment online at www.oneclub.org, on Facebook and at Twitter.