The Walt Disney Company France and Free have partnered to launch branded digital TV video ‘stores’ Disneytek and ABCtek, multi-platform entertainment services entirely dedicated to both Disney and ABC programming. From 14th April, Free subscribers will be able to stream to their TVs and download to their PCs or Macs hit Disney movies, Disney Channel/Disney XD/ Disney Junior series, and ABC Studios series. Viewers will also be able to transfer and enjoy this programming via other compatible devices such as games consoles, tablets and mobile phones*. Disneytek and ABCtek are Disney’s first stand-alone branded video services in Europe.
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Disneytek (channel 45) and ABCtek (channel 28) will offer a selection of the licensed programming below:
* Some of the greatest animated films from Walt Disney Pictures and Disney/Pixar, from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and The Aristocats to Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo and Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue
* Live action blockbusters such as Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, National Treasure: The Book of Secrets, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
* Episodes of Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior TV series including Hannah Montana, Phineas and Ferb and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
* ABCtek: Episodes of hit ABC Studios series, including Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy and Castle
New series will be added regularly, along with new feature films, which will be offered simultaneously with their release on DVD/Blu-ray.
Viewers will be able to stream or download to own all Disneytek and ABCtek programming:
* streaming will allow unlimited viewing via the Freebox set-top-box in the “My Collection “Â personalized video library, stored and accessible at any time via Free servers
* downloading a digital copies will be transferable across up to five compatible devices, including games consoles, mobile phones and tablets.
Films will be available in SD (Standard Definition) and HD (High Definition), in French as well as original subtitled version (VOST).
Jean-Francois Camilleri, chairman, The Walt Disney Company France said: “This partnership, initiated in France, is a first in the market and in Europe, and reflects our determination to respond to consumer desire for freedom and at the same time our desire to ease access to all of our content. In working with Free to develop this service, we have found a like-minded partner in terms of innovation and consumer responsiveness.”
Maxime Lombardini, Directeur Général of Iliad, the parent company of Free, said: We are pleased to announce this Freebox partnership with Disney, with the launch of these exclusive video libraries. This innovation underscores the aim of Free: to offer its subscribers the best content with maximum freedom of use.
*via DivX certified devices