During the past few months, we’ve experienced a triple fold increase in reader comments on Cartoon Brew which has meant a lot more moderation work for us. We appreciate and encourage your participation, but as a respectful community of animation lovers, we request that you follow a few basic guidelines. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with those guidelines HERE. Better yet, we’ll save you a click and just reprint them below:
* Comments are moderated and will not appear immediately on the site. Please be patient.
* Be considerate and respectful of others in the discussion. Defamatory, rude or unnecessarily antagonistic comments will be deleted.
* It is OK to post with a nickname or alias, but your email address (which we will NEVER share publicly), must be a real, permanent email address.
* Stay on-topic. Comments are not a place to post random thoughts, “say hi,” or discuss ideas not directly related to the post.
* Short comments that don’t add anything to the discussion (for example, “Blecch” or “This sucks”) may be deleted without comment. Also beware the word “meh”; we know you can do better than that.
* The comments are a place for discussion, not promotion. Self-links are okay if they’re acknowledged as such and are relevant to the discussion.
* A half-dozen comments on a single topic are unnecessary. Think about what you want to say and say it once. You can influence a discussion by the quality of your writing, not by how many times you repeat yourself.
* Spelling and grammar count. Numerous egregious spelling/grammatical errors will result in deletion of comment.
* Comments should NOT have signatures. There are fields provided for your name and the URL of your site right above the comment text area, so please don’t duplicate that info in your actual comment.
* If you are recommending or discussing something, disclose any relationship you may have to the artist, film project or company. This includes friends, family, co-workers, employers, etc.
* We reserve the right to edit or delete comments at our sole discretion.
NOTE: On rare occasions, your comments become caught in our spam filter and are inadvertently deleted. Unfortunately, due to the sheer volume of spam, sorting out legitimate comments is beyond our control. If your comments are persistently caught in our spam filtering system, please contact us via our tech support page and we’ll look into it.