With 2010 drawing to a close, I thought it might be fun to check our stats and find out which studios and schools have driven the most traffic to Cartoon Brew between January and November 2010. We published a similar study of reader traffic for a shorter period of time in early 2009. Since that time, our traffic has skyrocketed, and there have been a lot of shake-ups in the rankings.
Whereas in early 2009, Pixar was the studio network that visited Cartoon Brew most, today it is Disney, followed by DreamWorks. Viacom and Turner have also jumped ahead of Pixar in the number of their visits. All five of these companies have recorded visits in the tens of thousands, as has Blue Sky Studios. The schools that visit us the most are CalArts, Savannah College of Art and Design and Ringling. I limited the list below to entertainment and media companies that have generated at least 1,000 visits in 2010.
See the full list of companies and schools after the jump, along with more analysis of the numbers.
TOP STUDIO AND SCHOOL BREW READERS IN 2010
1. Disney Worldwide Services
2. DreamWorks Animation SKG
3. Viacom (Nickelodeon)
4. Turner Broadcasting System (Cartoon Network)
6. California Institute of the Arts
7. Blue Sky Studios
8. Savannah College of Art and Design
9. Fox Entertainment Group
10. Ringling College of Art and Design
12. Sheridan College
13. University of Missouri
14. Starz Encore
15. Studio B Productions
16. Electronic Arts
17. Nerd Corps Entertainment
18. University of Southern California
19. Art Institutes International
20. New York University
21. Rochester Institute of Technology
22. Hallmark Cards Inc.
23. University of California Los Angeles
25. College for Creative Studies
26. Rhythm & Hues Studios
27. School of Visual Arts
28. Pennsylvania State University
29. Sony North America
30. Bowling Green State University
31. Microsoft Corp
32. NBC Universal
33. Ithaca College
34. Academy of Art University
35. Bent Image Lab
36. Blur Studio Inc.
37. Google Inc.
38. Ubisoft Entertainment
39. Apple Inc.
40. American Greetings
41. Sony Online Entertainment LLC
42. Curious Pictures
43. Minneapolis College of Art and Design
44. Brigham Young University
45. University of Pennsylvania
46. California Institute of Technology
47. University of Central Florida
48. University of Nebraska (Lincoln)
49. Amazon.com Inc.
50. University of Washington
51. Foote Cone & Belding Communications Inc.