Making good on its promise to investors, Trioscope, the company behind Netflix’s The Liberator, has announced that it will be licensing its suite of software tools and practical solutions, called Trioscope Platform, to qualified content creators.
- Trioscope developed the suite with in-house productions like The Liberator (Netflix) and the Vincent D’Onofrio-directed, George R.R. Martin-produced short sci-fi film, Night of the Cooters, based on a short story by Howard Waldrop.
- The platform offers a suite of production tools that marry human performance with cg environments. The suite includes visual marking and syncing systems and a collection of visual manipulation and calibration plug-ins developed for popular compositing tool, Nuke. Looking to encourage widespread use of the platform, the company will be accepting a limited number of vfx and animation studios into its certified Trioscope Platform network.
- London-based Oiffy (The White King, indie game The Last Worker) and Sopot, Poland’s Breakthru Films (Peter & the Wolf, Loving Vincent) are the first to license the platform. They will use the tools on select sequences in the 2024-slated A Winter’s Journey, directed by Alex Helfrecht. The film stars John Malkovich, Jason Isaacs, Martina Gedeck, and Ólafur Darri Ólafsson. It has been acquired by Sony Pictures Classics for major territories, with Mk2 Films handling international sales. Trioscope Europe will provide cg and vfx services for the film.
- Greg Mandel, former COO of Mikros Animation (Paw Patrol: The Movie, Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie), has joined Trioscope’s board of advisors to weigh in on the platform’s business strategy, operations, and expansion.
- Producer and Oiffy co-founder Jörg Tittel said of their work for Journey: “Our highly complex continuous shots are designed to fully immerse audiences in living, breathing early 19th-century Romanticist paintings and Schubert’s timeless music. The technical challenge is immense, especially on an independent budget. Our collaboration with Trioscope and their tools will allow our artists to spend more time on giving each frame the care and attention it deserves.”
- Greg Jonkajtys, Trioscope co-founder and CCO, adds: “When some of the industry’s most talented filmmakers saw the early results of The Liberator, they recognized that Trioscope could make their ambitious projects possible. We have developed an advanced medium that transcends traditional storytelling and opened a whole new lane for entertainment.”
Pictured Above: “The Liberator”, “A Winter’s Journey”