Warner Bros. Games has released the cinematic trailer for MultiVersus, its free-to-play fighting game that kicks off a closed alpha on May 19.
Here’s what we know so far:
- MultiVersus is a new platform fighting game developed by Player First Games and published by Warner Bros. Games.
- The open Beta will release in July.
- The game will be free-to-play and available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox SeriesX/S, and PC in the Steam store. MultiVersus will support cross-play and cross-progression across all platforms. Although free-to-play, press materials mention seasons and in-game purchases.
- MultiVersus will feature multiple online modes, including two vs. two cooperative combat, one-on-one matches, and 4-player free-for-alls.
- There is no gameplay footage in the trailer, but last week the MultiVersus YouTube page did post a Pros Vs Devs Showcase video with gameplay footage. Looks a lot like Super Smash Brothers doesn’t it?
- According to Warner, the list of playable characters will be expanded regularly, with the company looking to exploit its impressive library of IP. Announced characters include Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Harley Quinn (DC); Shaggy and Velma (Scooby-Doo); Bugs Bunny and Tasmanian Devil (Looney Tunes); Arya Stark (Game of Thrones); Tom & Jerry; Jake the Dog and Finn the Human (Adventure Time); Steven Universe and Garnet (Steven Universe); The Iron Giant, and an original character, Reindog.