- University, college students, film school students, faculty members and departments
- High school students, faculty members and departments
- Approved non-profit organizations
To qualify for the new Academic Discount Programs, schools or students are required to provide written proof of eligibility, via academic ID or non-profit certification. Use of the program is expressly restricted to use in teaching, research and noncommercial projects.
What’s New for Schools and Students in Version 3
Imagineer Systems has worked closely with its customers to improve its family of intelligent Planar Tracking utilities.Â All mocha v3 products have been updated to add new features and improve core areas for customers: from large facilities that require advanced layer management tools for film effects and roto pipelines, to creative boutiques and artists who’ve been asking for true 3D camera support for years. Among the new developments in v3 are:
- New Rotoscoping Tools: Transform Tool and Join Layers designed to create and edit roto masks more efficiently;
- New Layer Management: View, organize, color code and group mocha layers. Increase artists productivity;
- Project Management: Easily merge and share projects between artists for large scale roto and vfx pipelines;
- 3D Camera Solver: The advanced Planar Tracker now includes 3D Camera Solver for After Effects and FBX formats (Nuke, Maya, Cinema 4D and more);
- Dopesheet: New keyframe layout for adjusting timing and animation;
- Even More Improvements: Keyboard shortcuts and interface improvements enhance the entire Planar Tracking-based workflow for tracking, roto, removal and more.
The 2012 mocha Product Family
mocha AE is Imagineer’s stand-alone Planar Tracking and roto utility optimized for After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion users. The advanced mask creation tools, simple user interface and copy/paste exchange with After Effects helps take the complications out of motion tracking and reduces keyframing tedium.
mocha AE is available in two version: mocha AE CS6, which comes as a free bundle with every copy of the newly launched Adobe After Effects CS6 and is specifically optimized for After Effects; and the mocha AE v3 standalone application, which adds new Camera Solve features and additional support for Apple Final Cut Pro, Motion and Boris FX and is available for purchase directly from Imagineer Systems. mocha AE v3 also is backward compatible with older version of Adobe’s Creative Suite.
mocha Pro v3 is Imagineer’s intelligent Planar Tracking utility for post production and visual effects professionals that combines advanced roto, motion tracking, lens analysis, object removal, insert compositing, stabilization and 3D camera solve features into a single desktop application. mocha Pro integrates seamlessly with industry-popular editing, compositing, and animation applications and is the ideal post production companion software for managing challenging shots and projects.
mocha Pro has gained notoriety as a result of the significant impact the Planar Tracker has made in the production of the Hollywood visual effects laden films such as The Black Swan, X-Men: First Class, and Captain America: The First Avenger.Â Additionally, mocha Pro has proven invaluable to customers at major post production and stereo conversion facilities around the world, and has greatly streamlined the stereo conversion pipelines on such 3D blockbuster sensations as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, and Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.