The Pinkfong Company, producer of the global animation sensation Baby Shark, has appointed Disney+ animation director David Levy as its first head of studio at subsidiary Pinkfong USA.
- Levy is tasked with heading the development and production of original IP in short-form and long-form content and will oversee creative for Pinkfong USA’s co-productions. He will be based at the company’s Los Angeles studio and report to Pinkfong USA chief content officer Mariana Lee.
- Levy’s appointment to the newly created role is the latest step in Pinkfong’s ongoing IP expansion. Riding the high tide created by Baby Shark’s incredible success, the company is now working on diversifying its portfolio and recently released Bebefinn on Youtube and Netflix.
- Prior to joining Pinkfong, Levy was director of animation at Disney+ where he led the development and production of original short-form series for Lucasfilm, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Youtube Kids. His professional animation career began at Nick Jr’s Blue’s Clues, where he worked as a storyboard artist before advancing to become a director for the show.
- In a release, Levy said: “Pinkfong and Baby Shark are among the most iconic and beloved franchises born out of new media. YouTube is where the majority of kids discover new content today and Pinkfong has a powerful presence there. Pinkfong’s ability to create and distribute original IP on their own robust channels and also with outside streamers and broadcasters is a winning combination. I’m so excited to join the team and look forward to building great things together.”
- Lee added: “We are investing aggressively into the next phase of growth, leveraging our YouTube channels to incubate new brands. We are thrilled to have David’s creativity and leadership as we expand on our original portfolio and explore the new frontiers.”