The Berlin-based Pictoplasma organization, which promotes contemporary character design in all its many forms, is returning to New York City for a conference on November 4, 2016.
Ben Bocquelet, the creator of the Cartoon Network series Gumball, is among the headliners for the fifth edition of the Pictoplasma Conference NYC, which hasn’t taken place in New York since 2013. Other confirmed speakers at November’s event include:
- Jean Jullien, who created the instant-classic “Peace for Paris” symbol after last November’s terror attacks in Paris
- Pittsburgh-based visual artist Julian Glander
- Slovakian illustrator Martina Paukova
- Spanish artist Jaime Alvarez, creator of the Mr. Kat character brand
- New York-based illustrator You Jung Byun
Additional speakers will be announced at a later date. Pictoplasma NYC will also offer a program of new animation work “brimming with psychedelic eye-candy and storytelling genius.”