Global production outfit Buck is growing its European team with a new office in London, where it has hired James Britton as executive producer in charge of the company’s U.K. team.
Buck’s recent expansion is hardly surprising. The company’s commercial work is unique and often entertaining, and the company has ambitions to expand its narrative output as well. The company produced several episodes of Netflix’s Emmy-winning special We the People and it will launch its first video game, Let’s! Revolution! Later this summer.
Buck’s U.K. office details:
- Buck’s London office is the second European-based headquarters for the company, which opened an Amsterdam office in 2021. The company also has locations in Los Angeles, New York, and Sydney.
- Britton joins Buck from Stink Studios, where he spent the last 12 years as group managing director and was instrumental in growing the company’s workforce to 120 employees. He has worked with global clients including Spotify and Nike as well as leading U.K. brands like Warp Records and iD Magazine. Britton has a strong background in sustainable business practices – he is a non-executive advisor to the carbon measurement start-up Zevero – and will help forge the way forward for Buck as the company works towards a B Corp certification.
- Buck’s initial office workforce will include associate creative director Jen Zhang, senior producer Jamey Kitchens, animation director Joe Brooks, senior designer and animator Bianca Beneduci, and a team of workers with experience in design, animation, branding, and experiences with creative leadership under executive creative director and partner, Vincent Lammers.
- In a release, Britton said: “For many years, I’ve admired Buck’s commitment to craft and artistry. I’m looking forward to growing our team of diverse talent to bring brands, stories, and experiences to life here in the U.K. There’s so much creative talent here—not just in London but across the U.K., from Brighton to Bristol, Manchester to Glasgow, and everywhere in between.”
- Buck president Emily Rickard added: “After immense success building our Amsterdam team under the leadership of ECD and partner Vincent Lammers, James is the perfect choice to continue Buck’s global expansion in the U.K. market. There’s a lot of opportunity with clients and talent and James brings deep knowledge across both areas.”
Pictured at top: We the People