Beyond Capture Studios has opened a new, state-of-the-art studio in Montreal.
Set up in the city’s Sud-Ouest neighborhood, the 40,000-square-foot facility offers a variety of services and equipment to new and returning clients in the gaming and entertainment industries, and is already hosting several ongoing productions.
- The new facility houses two performance capture stages, one mocap stage, one virtual production stage, a dual audio booth, and a photogrammetry rig. According to Beyond Capture, three gaming projects and a tv series are already being worked on at the new location.
- Beyond Capture is currently staffing up a crew of around 25 employees including a production manager, capture tech, real-time operator, talent producer, production assistant, and more.
- The facility is Beyond Capture’s second studio in Canada, joining a Vancouver location that opened in 2017. The Vancouver location has a team of 50 workers who have contributed to video games, tv series, and films including major franchises such as Resident Evil, Borderlands, Harry Potter, The Walking Dead, and Space Jam.
- Beyond Capture Studios has been working with the Vancouver Film School for years to offer training programs to students and employment opportunities to new graduates. According to the company, it plans on following this model in Montreal by fostering partnerships with local animation and vfx organizations.
- Beyond Capture Studios president and CEO Graham Qually said in a release: “Montreal has always been an international entertainment production hub. We’re hoping with our significant investment, bringing multiple performance capture studios, film stage, audio booths, and virtual production, that we can not only boost and support current teams but also surpass the current, already high, gaming and vfx industry standard, and attract even bigger projects along with top-level talent.”