Toronto-based Guru Studios is stepping up production on Moonbug Entertainment’s My Magic Pet Morphle, based on the popular Youtube franchise (11.1 million subscribers).
- The cg series turns on Mila and her stepbrother Jordie who embark on a series of adventures accompanied by Morphle, a magical and loyal pet of Mila’s who can shapeshift into whatever the girl needs.
- 52, seven-minute episodes of My Magic Pet Morphle have been commissioned, with global broadcasting rights going to Disney+ and Disney Junior, excluding China. The series will be ready for launch in 2024.
- Earlier this summer, Guru announced production of a new Charlotte’s Web adaptation for Sesame Workshop, which was commissioned for HBO Max. My Magic Pet Morphle is the first collaboration between Guru Studios and Moonbug Entertainment.
- Hiring on the new My Magic Pet Morphle series is already underway at Guru, in addition to Charlotte’s Web and new seasons of PAW Patrol. For a list of open positions, please visit Guru Studio’s Careers Page.
- In a release, Frank Falcone president and executive creative director at Guru said: “We’re thrilled to be working with the talented team at Moonbug to help expand My Magic Pet Morphle into a premium cg series, to be enjoyed by a whole new audience on Disney platforms.”
- Andy Yeatman, managing director of the Americas for Moonbug Entertainment added: “We’ve always admired Guru’s work and are excited to finally be working with them on such an exciting new show for Disney.”