Amazon’s Prime Video has ordered a Sausage Party animated series titled Sausage Party: Foodtopia, with talent from the original film involved.
- The series is already in production, with Annapurna Television, Sony Pictures Television, and Amazon Studios co-producing.
- Film co-writers Ariel Shaffir and Kyle Hunter are executive producing and showrunning the series, while Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, also co-writers on the original, are executive producing the new series under their Point Grey Pictures label.
- Other executive producers include James Weaver and Alex McAtee for Point Grey Pictures; Megan Ellison and Patrick Chu for Annapurna; Andrew Millstein; and Conrad Vernon, a co-director on the feature who will serve as supervising director of the series.
- Plot details have not been released yet, but it has been announced that Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Michael Cera, David Krumholtz, and Edward Norton will return for the series, implying continuity with the feature. Joining them will be newcomers Will Forte, Sam Richardson, Natasha Rothwell, and Yassir Lester.
- “Film used to be the superior art form to television, and we humbly reached the pinnacle of what can be achieved with film in our remarkable opus, Sausage Party,” said Rogen and Goldberg. “But now that film is completely dead and tv is the forever-king of entertainment, we’ve decided to continue the epic adventures of our culinary crew in the soon-to-be-legendary televised masterpiece Sausage Party: Foodtopia. It’s got all the heart, double the puns, and triple the food-on-food sex. In other words, it’s exactly what the world needs right now.”
- The original Sausage Party film hit theaters in August 2016, grossing $140.7 million worldwide ($97.7 million from North America) on a reported budget of just $19 million.