‘I Lost My Body’ Studio Xilam Animation Tapped To Animate Zack Snyder’s Netflix Series ‘Twilight of the Gods’
Leading French studio Xilam Animation has been selected to handle animation for Zack Snyder’s upcoming Netflix series Twilight of the Gods.
The studio behind films including Jérémy Clapin’s Oscar-nominated I Lost My Body and popular kids and family shows such as Oggy and the Cockroaches and Disney’s Chip ‘n’ Dale: Park Life will oversee the layout, color BG, animation, and compositing of the 2d-animated show.
What we know so far:
- Almost no plot details have been shared for Twilight of the Gods, but we do know it will have something to do with Norse mythology. When the show’s voice cast was announced, characters including Thor, Odin, Loki, and Hel were included in the list.
- Snyder co-created the series, is executive producing, and will direct two episodes. The series was also co-created by Jay Oliva and Eric Carrasco. Oliva will direct and serve as an executive producer alongside Deborah Snyder and Wesley Coller for Snyder’s company The Stone Quarry. Carrasco will serve as producer.
- Voice casting includes Sylvia Hoeks, Stuart Martin, Pilou Asbaek, John Noble, Paterson Joseph, Rahul Kohli, Jamie Clayton, Kristopher Hivju, Peter Stormare, Jamie Chung, Lauren Cohan, and Corey Stroll.
- Said Marc du Pontavice, founder and CEO at Xilam Animation: “We’re so proud to be working with the team at Stone Quarry, including iconic creator and director Zack Snyder. And we’re also deeply grateful to Netflix for trusting us to bring his spectacular vision to life. We’ll be utilizing state-of-the-art 2D animation across the series, which will include spectacular battles and special effects in the distinctive style that has characterized Zack’s work throughout his illustrious career. This project also marks a significant step forward in our ambitions to bring our expertise into the world of adult action series for global audiences.”
- Twilight of the Gods is one of two animated series that Stone Quarry is working on at Netflix. The other is an animated prequel to Snyder’s 2021 Netflix zombie flick Army of the Dead titled Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas.
Cartoon Brew’s View: Xilam feels like a good fit for a filmmaker like Snyder, who has regularly directed and produced hyper-stylized films throughout his career. The company has regularly demonstrated a capability to animate in all kinds of styles and for all kinds of audiences.
Pictured at top: I Lost My Body