At a time of booming demand for high-end vfx — not least from streaming productions — Fuse FX has announced a new office in Atlanta, Georgia. Here are the details:
- Fuse FX’s new Atlanta studio will be its third U.S. office and its fourth in North America. The company already has bases in L.A., New York City, and Vancouver.
- Veteran vfx artist Brad Kalinoski will lead the new office as Fuse FX’s head of production and senior vfx supervisor. His accolades include BAFTA and VES award nominations for Black Swan, as well as a VES award nomination for Lost: The Final Season.
- “Atlanta has been a hotbed for new productions, and the visual effects demand has grown exponentially,” said Kalinoski in a statement. “We plan to be fully staffed and have full capabilities in Atlanta and worldwide, to service clients and their needs. We expect to have as many as 50 personnel including mostly artists by the end of 2020.”
- The organization has already started operations in Atlanta, and serves clients there on a number of productions. “Atlanta has a great location pool of talent,” added Kalinosky, “and the new office gives us more flexibility in moving projects based on skills and financial requirements. We are always looking to diversify our talent set.”
- Founded in 2006, Fuse FX provides vfx services for tv series, feature films, commercials, and vr productions. Its credits include Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Orville, and Deadwood: The Movie. Eagle Tree Media acquired a majority stake in the company in 2018.
- In 2018, Cartoon Brew spoke to the FuseFX artists responsible for creating a giant cg human for Amazon show The Tick (image at top).