“iPi Soft is committed to developing rock-solid performance and breakthrough markerless motion capture technology that can be easily integrated into any artists’ pipeline for believable character motion at an affordable price point,“ NikonovÂ says. “The new data formats in Version 2.0 deliver more efficient motion capture data recording on portable computers that will immediately help our customers meet the challenges of compositing believable characters into immersive 3D environments. Throughout 2012, we plan to continue the evolution of our software as well as introduce new features to Version 2.0, including props tracking and multiple people tracking.”
For J.J. Palomo, Creative Director at Big Lazy Robot — the Barcelona, Spain-based animation/visual effects studio that used iPi Motion Capture extensively on their short film trailer, Keloid, which the influential motion graphics blog Motionographer.com called “stunning” — the new version will play an increased role in their creative workflow.
“iPi Soft’s markerless software solution has been an essential motion capture tool in our production pipeline and we’re excited to take advantage of the feature enhancements in version 2.0,” Palomo says. “The ability to track the movements of more than one actor, and the new rigging and capture features will allow us to capture more complex movements, more quickly. We canÂ´t wait to get our hands on it!”
The new iPi Motion Capture Version 2.0 features:
- New actor appearance models and skeleton structure with improved accuracy for head/hands tracking (Note: multiple person tracking and props tracking scheduled for release in the coming months.)
- Optimized tracking of female characters
- New project file format, including data for fingers and props
- Improved tracking accuracy
- New custom “iPi Video” format with useful features specific to motion capture use
- Better video compression offering higher compression ratios, a plus for users dealing with large amounts of recorded video
- Support for new devices: ASUS Xtion and Kinect for Windows
- Depth and RGB video recording for ASUS Xtion sensor
- Support for latest official Kinect for Windows drivers
- Workflow improvements such as “New project” wizard that makes it easy for new users to get started, and “Recent files” caching for advanced users.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for the iPi Motion Capture software line is $295.00 for the Express version; $595.00 for the Basic version; and $1195.00 for the Standard version. The upgrade path to Version 2.0 is free for anyone who purchased the software within the last three months. For a complete product comparison guide, additional upgrade information, or to download a free trial of iPi Soft Motion Capture, visit: www.ipisoft.com.