Deaplaneta Acquires BRB Internacional’s Library Of Animated Characters
Barcelona-based production and distribution company Deaplaneta Entertainment has acquired rights to the full catalog of the celebrated Spanish animation company BRB Internacional.
- The agreement sees Deaplaneta grow its portfolio by adding some of the most popular Spanish animated properties including The World of David the Gnome, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Around the World with Willy Fog, and Bernard Bear. In total, more than 1,000 half-hour episodes are included as part of the library deal.
- Along with the broadcast rights to the BRB shows, the deal includes global operating licenses for new developments and digital content creation. Deaplaneta plans to transform the characters into “mass-market global entertainment IPs.”
- Deaplaneta’s family animation portfolio already includes popular properties such as Heidi, Girl of the Alps; 3,000 Leagues in Search of Mother; and Maya the Bee.
- Diego Ibáñez, chief brand officer at Deaplaneta, explained in a release: “Our goal is to refresh and relaunch these well-known audiovisual offerings using new formats and innovative digital creation strategies, aiming to put them back on the map and introduce them to new audiences.”
- BRB Internacional was established and run for years by Spanish animation legend Claudio Biern Boyd, who passed away in October of last year. Biern’s son Carlos stayed in the family business and was formerly president of Diboos (the Spanish Federation of Animation and Visual Effects Producers). In July of last year, Carlos was appointed as content and distribution director at Deaplaneta’s kids and family division, where he’ll now oversee the maintenance and distribution of the extensive catalog that his father spent a lifetime creating.
Pictured at top: David the Gnome, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Around the World with Willy Fog