Six Point Harness Appoints Musa Brooker As Creative Director
Musa Brooker, an animator, director, producer, and educator with over two decades’ experience in the business, has been named creative director at L.A.-based animation studio Six Point Harness.
Here are the details of his appointment:
- Brooker joined Six Point Harness ( last year to creatively lead an “upcoming high-profile animated streaming series” that has yet to be unveiled. He will continue to work on the series, while overseeing the development and production of other projects alongside the studio’s founding creative director Greg Franklin.
- Experienced in both stop motion and 2d animation, Brooker has worked at a range of studios, including Will Vinton Studios, Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, Shadowmachine, Screen Novelties, Bix Pix, and MTV Animation. He has provided stop-motion animation on The Simpsons, Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken, and the 2003 feature Elf. In 2012, he directed his first short, The Story of Pines.
- Six Point Harness is a well-established 2d animation service studio whose recent work includes Adult Swim’s Lazor Wulf, Cosmos: Possible Worlds, animated title and prologue for Amazon’s Guava Island, and the short film Hair Love, which won an Oscar this year. It also develops its own IP, including the web series Dick Figures. In 2015, the studio merged with production and distribution company Mondo Media.
- Brendan Burch, CEO of Six Point Harness, said, “Musa is a phenomenally talented creative director, whose work has inspired both audiences and fellow animators, and he is also a peerless leader with years of experience as an animation instructor. That makes him particularly invaluable to our creative teams as we develop new ways to collaborate and challenge ourselves to excel in a new work-from-home structure.”
- Brooker said, “I spent about 20 years in stop motion and I absolutely love it and the experiences it gave me, but 2d animation was really my first love, so it’s a thrill to be at Six Point Harness and working on such fantastic 2d projects.” He added, “Diversity is one of the things I love most about Six Point Harness — it might be the most diverse company I’ve ever encountered in terms of its crew, which is incredibly refreshing.”
- In addition to his work in the industry, Brooker is an adjunct associate professor at the University of Southern California’s John C. Hench Division of Animation and Digital Arts, where he has taught for ten years. Previously, he was a stop-motion animation instructor at Calarts.