Montreal-based Toon Boom Animation, creators of widely used 2d animation and storyboarding software, has announced a new set of training courses focused on its products.
Here is information about the programs:
- The courses teach users to get the most out of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro and Toon Boom Harmony. They are split into three tiers: fundamental, specialized, and advanced. They start from May 23, and will be conducted remotely or (where possible) in studios and schools. Spaces are limited — register here.
- Designed by Toon Boom experts and delivered by senior solutions specialists, the lessons are pitched at a range of levels, from newcomers to experienced artists looking to refine their skills in an area like rigging or compositing. Courses have also been developed for teachers who want to introduce Toon Boom into the K-12 curriculum.
- It ain’t cheap: expect to pay $999 for 28–35 hours of teaching (the prices for some courses have yet to be announced). But each course comes with a free three-month license for the relevant software.
- The program explicitly aims “to empower artists to work on their animation abilities while they work from home.” Marie-Ève Chartrand, Toon Boom’s director of customer success, said in a statement, “As the animation industry reinvents itself to reflect the needs of the market and the global situation, it is essential for artists to future-proof their skills today to protect their careers tomorrow.”
- As a result of the coronavirus crisis, the company is also extending free home use licenses to client studios and institutions until June 1. See here for details, and check our rundown of other software developers that are offering similar deals.
(Image at top: “Klaus,” which was produced in part using Toon Boom Harmony.)