Alyssa Sapire has been promoted to senior vp, development, series, and strategy at Disney Junior. Disney Branded Television announced the promotion last Friday, along with the news that Sapire had filled out her senior leadership team.
- Sapire was previously senior vp, original programming, and has been operating in her new role in an interim position since March, when she replaced Joe D’Ambrosia who left to join Sony Pictures TV.
- The creative lead for Disney Junior content, Sapire has oversight over Disney Junior content, encompassing strategic oversight of development, current and acquired programming for linear and streaming. She will report to Disney Branded Television president Ayo Davis.
- Since joining the company in 2016, Sapire has helped build a slate that includes Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures, Superkitties, a musical Winnie the Pooh short-form series currently in the works, and several other popular shows and specials. She was also key in founding The Writer’s Clubhouse, a program to engage, develop, and mentor talent from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Sapire’s new leadership team includes Kim Berglund as vp of development with oversight of all series, specials, and shorts in development, including identifying new creative talent. Diane Ikemiyashiro and Lori Mozilo will both serve as vp of current series, each having oversight on any projects in production.
- In a release, Disney Branded Television president Davis said: “Alyssa is a dedicated champion of the power of storytelling and the absolute right leader for the Disney Junior brand. She has assembled a best-in-class team and developed an incredibly strong content slate with one overarching goal: to create magical, memorable stories that provide joy, stoke curiosity and live in the hearts of young audiences everywhere.”