The shorts/series lineup includes Joe Hsieh’s Night Bus, winner of this year’s grand prix at Animafest Zagreb; Špela Čadež’s Steakhouse, whose trailer we recently premiered; and an episode of Death Hacks, whose creator Aaron Augenblick we interviewed last year. It also features the latest work from major talents of today, including Yoriko Mizushiri, Marta Pajek, and David O’Reilly.
The features lineup is reproduced in full below:
- Archipelago, dir. Félix Dufour-Laperrière (Canada)
- Blood of the Family Tree, dir. Chistine Panushka (U.S.)
- Bob Spit — We Do Not Like People, dir. Cesar Cabral (Brazil)
- Chicken of the Mound, dir. Xi Chen (Germany/China)
- Elulu, dir. Gabriel Verdugo Soto (Chile)
- Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko, dir. Ayumu Watanabe (Japan)
- Mount Fuji Seen from a Moving Train, dir. Pierre Hébert (Canada)
On top of these selections, OIAF has announced several special screenings. They include retrospectives of acclaimed experimental animator Jodie Mack and Mariusz Wilczyński, whose Kill It and Leave This Town won the festival’s feature prize last year.
To explore the full program announced so far, head to the OIAF website.
The festival’s poster was designed by Amanda Bonaiuto and Angela Stempel:
Images at top, left to right: “Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko,” “Anxious Body” by Yoriko Mizushiri, “Bob Spit — We Do Not Like People”