We’re Hiring! Associate Editor/Social Media Coordinator
We’re expanding our team with an opening for an Associate Editor/Social Media Coordinator.
You’d be joining a passionate group of people who are committed to keeping the animation community informed about the latest developments in the industry and art form. This position is a critical role on the site and requires a detail-oriented person with broad skillsets and knowledge, but most importantly, the individual will be an excellent writer and communicator.
This is a full-time position available to start immediately. Applicants must be based on the West Coast of the U.S. or Canada (sorry, no exceptions).
Here’s more details:
ASSOCIATE EDITOR/SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Full-time position available to start immediately
Must be based in US or Canada
- Write stories and conduct interviews about animated series and features, as well as other industry-related news
- Have a deep knowledge of networks, streamers, and studios, and the works that they produce
- Create, schedule, and launch posts on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and other social platforms
- Use Photoshop and/or Premiere Pro to create or cutdown assets from video footage and strategically cross promote this content onto Cartoon Brew platforms
- Develop and refine social strategy with lead editors
- At least 1 year experience writing stories for a website or magazine (internship writing or exemplary blogging/writing experience will be considered)
- Knowledge of the current animation industry
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Premiere
- Experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand is a plus
- Understanding of animation production is a plus
- Appreciation of superheroes, comics, anime, and video games is a plus
Send an expression of interest to contact (at) cartoonbrew (dot) com. Send links to 3 examples of your published writing. In a short paragraph or two, explain your experience as it relates to the job requirements, and tell us why you’re passionate about animation.