During the Netflix Animation Showcase at this year’s Annecy Festival, attendees lucky enough to get a ticket were treated to new details about the highly anticipated upcoming musical series Entergalactic.
- Netflix announced that Entergalactic will premiere worldwide on Friday, September 30, and shared a new clip from the show.
- From creators Kid Cudi and Kenya Barris (Black-Ish), the ambitious musical series is directed by Fletcher Moules (Lego Star Wars: The Padawan Menace, Agent King), and written by longtime Cudi collaborator Ian Edelman (How to Make It in America) and Maurice Williams.
- Animation for Entergalactic is being handled by DNEG. The studio and the streamer share a lucrative non-exclusive partnership which will see Netflix spend at least $350 million with DNEG through 2025. DNEG has worked (and is working) on banner Netflix titles including Stranger Things, Nimona, and The School for Good and Evil.
- Entergalactic synopsis: Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi and Kenya Barris join forces to present Entergalactic, an original, animated story about a young artist named Jabari — voiced by Mescudi — as he attempts to balance love and success. Finding the latter brings Jabari a step closer to the former, when moving into his dream apartment introduces him to his new neighbor, photographer it-girl, Meadow — voiced by Jessica Williams. An explosion of art, music, and fashion, Entergalactic takes place in the only city that can handle all three: New York.
- Alongside Mescudi and Williams, Entergalactic’s voice cast includes Timothée Chalamet, Ty Dolla $ign, Laura Harrier, Vanessa Hudgens, Christopher Abbott, 070 Shake, Jaden Smith, Keith David, Teyana Taylor, Arturo Castro, and Macaulay Culkin.
‘Entergalactic’ executive producers: Kenya Barris (Khalabo Ink Society), Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi, Karina Manashil and Dennis Cummings (Mad Solar Productions), Fletcher Moules, Ian Edelman (Edelgang), and Maurice Williams.