AMC Networks has shared the first clip for its first traditionally animated original series Pantheon, coming to AMC+ on September 1.
- Pantheon is AMC Networks’ first-ever traditionally animated original series. A sci-fi drama, it’s based on a collection of short stories by author Ken Liu.
- Synopsis: This thrilling speculative is centered on a bullied teen who receives mysterious help from someone online: a stranger soon revealed to be her recently deceased father, David, whose consciousness has been uploaded to the Cloud following an experimental destructive brain scan. David is the first of a new kind of being – an “Uploaded Intelligence” or “UI” – but he will not be the last, as a global conspiracy unfolds that threatens to trigger a new kind of world war.
- The series is created, written, showrun and executive produced by Craig Silverstein (TURN: Washington’s Spies, Nikita, Terra Nova), with Titmouse executing the animation. Executive producers for Titmouse are Chris Prynoski, Shannon Prynoski, Antonio Canobbio, Ben Kalina and Juno Lee.
- The series voice cast includes Daniel Dae Kim, Katie Chang, Paul Dano, Aaron Eckhart, Rosemarie DeWitt, Taylor Schilling, and William Hurt.
- Episode one of Pantheon will debut on AMC+ on September 1, with new episodes releasing weekly throughout the month.