Corus Is Rebranding Nick+ As Teletoon+ And Will Focus On Warner Bros. And Cartoon Network Series
Canada’s Corus Entertainment is launching a new kid-focused streaming platform, Teletoon+, which will host a bevy of animated content.
Here’s what we know about the platform:
- Teletoon+ will go live on September 1 and host thousands of hours of kids and family content. It will be available to subscribers via Prime Video Channels, the Bell Fibe TV app and set-top-box, Virgin Plus, and RiverTV.
- The streamer will have a significant number of Warner Bros. series available at launch including DC Animated Universe series such as Teen Titans Go!, Batman: The Animated Series, and DC Super Hero Girls. It will also host the new Looney Tunes Cartoons, Animaniacs, Scooby Doo and Guess Who?, Craig of the Creek, Powerpuff Girls, We Baby Bears, Adventure Time, Jellystone!,, among other series. HBO Max is not available in Canada, thus making Teletoon+ the de facto home for WB/Cartoon Network content.
- The platform will stream all content commercial-free for CAD$5.99/month, and each series will be fully downloadable. According to Corus, new content will be added daily for audiences. New episodes of shows will be available on the service after the broadcast premieres in Canada.
- Corus’ previous kids and family streaming service Nick+ will be transitioned to Teletoon+. With the closure of Nick+, it is not yet known where most of the Nick series will end up in Canada, though Spongebob Squarepants will become available on Corus’s StackTV service.
- Corus Entertainment executive vp, broadcast networks, Troy Reeb said in a release: “Corus is expanding our streaming strategy to reach and engage audiences, and the new Teletoon+ leverages our deep relationships with studio partners to bring the world’s best kids’ content to Canadian families. Teletoon is a Corus-owned, Canadian brand that already resonates with families as a beloved place to find their favorite cartoons. This exciting extension of Teletoon+ will provide a much larger and differentiated offering of premium kids’ content – all on-demand, and all on one platform.”