Siblings Adamma and Adanne Ebo (Honk For Jesus, Save Your Soul) have signed a multi-year deal with 20th Television and 20th Television Animation to develop, create, and produce animated and live-action series.
- The Ebo’s are currently developing Supashawty Girls, Funkamatic Bangbang with 20th Television Animation with the series destined for Walt Disney Television’s Freeform network. They are writing and executive producing with Tiffany Haddish and Melanie Clark.
- The twins’ Ejime Productions website hosts a teaser for the show (below) – identified there as Supashawty Girls Funkadelic Robomagic Bangbang – and a synopsis which reads: “Identical twins Yeze and Tule are your average college students—but at the first hint of bullshit they transform into the superheroines Funkadelic and Bangbang, using their powers (and frequently misguided efforts) to save a futuristic world that honestly…doesn’t always deserve to be saved.”
- In a statement, the twins said: “20th continues to be flexible in an ever-evolving tv landscape, while supporting various creative sensibilities. And as creators with a non-stop running list of ideas, we’re super hype to have studio partners who are just as committed to adding and challenging the television cultural zeitgeist in both animation and live action.”
- 20th Television Animation executive vp Marci Proietto said: “I bonded instantly with Adamma and Adanne because they are just as obsessed with animation as we are. The Ebo Twins have unique voices and perspectives with countless stories to tell. I am super excited to welcome them to our 20th Animation family.”
- Adamma and Adanne Ebo are repped by UTA, Redefine Entertainment, and Johnson Shapiro Slewett & Kole.