Disney TV Vets Douglas Bensimon And Edward Mejia Promoted To VP Roles
Disney has promoted Douglas Bensimon and Edward Mejia to VPs of Current Series, Disney Television Animation. Both will report to Khaki Jones, senior vice president of Current Series, Disney Television Animation.
- Disney Television Animation is the animation studio within Disney Branded Television. It currently has 1,200 half-hours of animated content in production for the kids and family demographic, destined for Disney’s linear and streaming platforms.
- Bensimon’s updated responsibilities include heading a team concentrated primarily on Disney Television Animation’s series properties for Disney+ and Disney Channel. He will work closely with Marvel on its branded content for kids and family.
- Bensimon’s career has been spent in the Current Series department at Disney TV Animation, with the newly-promoted executive having joined a decade ago as an assistant in the Current Department. He has worked as coordinator, manager, director, and, since 2021, executive director of Current Series. Among the series he’s championed are the upcoming Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur for Disney+ and The Ghost and Molly McGee and Amphibia for Disney Channel.
- Mejia leads a team focused on Disney Television Animation’s titles from Disney heritage characters and stories for Disney+ and Disney Channel. He began his career at Disney in 2005 as an assistant to the president of Disney Channels Worldwide and went on to work in the Disney Channel Original Series department and Disney Television Animation.
- During his time with the company, he has worked across Development and Current Series and was eventually promoted to coordinator, manager, director, and in 2020, executive director of Current Series. Series produced during his time in the department include Disney+’s Monsters at Work, the upcoming Kiff and Primos for Disney Channel, and DuckTales, Mickey Mouse, Star vs. The Forces of Evil for Disney Channel.
- The promotions were announced by Meredith Roberts, executive vice president of TV Animation, Disney Branded Television, who said in a release: “One of our guiding principles is to prepare high-potential team members for greater levels of responsibility and to recognize the contributions of innovative, diverse, ready-to-lead executives. As a result of their sheer talent, solid experience and Khaki’s mentorship, Edward and Doug are highly skilled in imaginative, visual story-based work, and each has a deep appreciation for our brands and a trusted rapport with content creators that helps us achieve our goals.”
Pictured at top, “Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur”