For this third iteration, approximately 50 mentees will be selected from among BNA membership.
Black ‘N Animated is an L.A.-based community-oriented organization dedicated to the growth and empowerment of Black students and professionals in the animation industry. Included among the group’s initiatives are the Black ‘N Animated Podcast with hosts Bre Williams and Waymond Singleton. The organization also works closely with studios to facilitate networking and career development within the community.
To be eligible for this edition of the Netflix Animation Foundation Program, potential mentees must be members of Black ‘n Animated, at least 18 years old, and based in the United States. Interested parties can apply for the program through the Netflix Animation Foundations Program homepage.
The Netflix Animation Foundation program launched last year in partnership with the organizations LatinX in Animation and Exceptional Minds. Seventy-four mentees and 19 Netflix mentors participated in the first iteration.
Earlier this year, the second edition was launched in partnership with Veterans in Media and Entertainment and Illuminative to identify and support candidates from the veteran and Native American and Alaskan Native communities. Fifty-two mentees participated alongside 22 Netflix animation mentors.
Along with today’s announcement, Netflix has provided a ‘where are they now’ update for several of last year’s Foundation participants.
From session one’s LatinX in Animation:
- Gabriel Vergara: development intern at Nickelodeon
- Gabriella DeJesus: cg generalist at Fuse FX
- Shutianyi Li: character designer at Marvel Studios
- Jessica Calabro: production assistant at Titmouse
- Clarissa Corral: art intern at Warner Brothers
- Lauren Gregorio: intern at Nickelodeon
- Saige Guevara: freelance character designer at Disney TV Animation
And from session one’s Exceptional Minds:
- Eli Gross: internship with Dreamworks Animation
- Veronica Dolcich: character animator at Diamond Games
- Sarah Barnes: junior motion graphics artist at PPC
- Adam Schuering: media services coordinator at CBS Sports
- Becca David: production intern at Nickelodeon
- David Miles: vfx production assistant at NBC Universal
- Doron Tuvia: design intern at Mattel
- Michael Cicerelli: media coordinator with CBS Sports
- Mina McCauley: motion graphics and vfx artist at Pixelogic