Seth MacFarlane’s Fuzzy Door Launches Tech Division To Market Viewscreen, Its’ Real-Time AR Production Tool
Seth MacFarlane’s Fuzzy Door Productions, producers of shows including Family Guy, American Dad! and The Orville, has launched a new technology division and appointed former Siri chief marketing office Faith Sedlin as its president. The news was first reported by Deadline.
Fuzzy Door Tech was launched to introduce and market Fuzzy Door’s in-house tool Viewscreen to filmmakers everywhere. The software allows filmmakers to visualize and animate virtual assets in real-time. According to the company, it’s changed the entire post-production process on MacFarlane’s shows.
Here are the rest of the details from the announcement:
- As head of the newly created division, Sedlin’s purview includes all technology development and operations, including the growth of the Viewscreen tool. She previously headed the launch of the virtual assistant tool Siri before it was acquired by Apple. Her resume also includes time spent at major tech companies including Ebay and Redbubble, and she co-founded the online marketplace Oodle.
- Viewscreen was created by Fuzzy Door vfx supervisor Brandon Fayette and software developer Gene Reddick who were tasked with creating a tool that would allow users to visualize and animate virtual assets in real-time.
- MacFarlane told Deadline: “Viewscreen has been a game-changer for me, both on set and in post on The Orville and Ted. I’m thrilled Faith recognizes Viewscreen’s potential and will lead the Fuzzy Door Tech team in introducing and marketing Brandon and Gene’s revolutionary technology to all filmmakers. Under Faith’s leadership, this division has a lot of potential and it is something that I am very excited about.”
- Sedlin added, “When I first saw Viewscreen, I was thrilled by its ability to empower creators both big and small. I’m looking forward to building out this new division and leading Fuzzy Door Tech as we pioneer a new frontier in storytelling.”
- No details have been shared yet about when and how Viewscreen will be made available to third parties, but with Sedlin’s appointment it shouldn’t be long before we know more.
Photos at top: Fuzzy Door Productions’ Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane behind-the-scenes on The Orville