What is colloquially known as “awards season” in the film industry ends this Sunday with the presentation of the Academy Awards, but in some ways, it actually closes out tomorrow, after the voting period ends for the Oscars.
As Academy voters go through the categories one final time and review their choices, we’re presenting this recap of our key coverage of the Oscar-contending films: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Klaus, I Lost My Body, Missing Link, and Toy Story 4.
And regardless of who wins the Oscar, we’re proud to recognize the high level of artistry and craftsmanship that went into every one of these productions.
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
- INTERVIEW: Dean DeBlois And Simon Otto Talk About The Animation Evolution In How to Train Your Dragon Trilogy
- INTERVIEW: How To Train Your Dragon Series Director Dean DeBlois On Being Blown Away By The Advancement Of Animation Tech
I Lost My Body
- How They Did It: Jérémy Clapin Explains The Unconventional Production Process Of I Lost My Body
- Interview with director Jérémy Clapin and producer Marc du Pontavice
- Interview with Klaus director Sergio Pablos [VIDEO]
- How They Did It: Matt Williames On Developing And Animating A Character In Klaus
- How Klaus Draws On Centuries-Old Artistic Principles To Push 2D Animation Forward
- Laika Reveals The Hairy Business Of Animating Fur For Missing Link
- How They Did It: Missing Link Production Designer Nelson Lowry On The Complexities Of Hybrid Production