Indiegogo and Vimeo Form Partnership to Support Filmmakers
Crowdfunding platform Indiegogo announced a partnership with Vimeo last Saturday at Sundance that will make the video-hosting site the preferred distribution platform for films funded on Indiegogo. As part of the deal, Vimeo has committed one million dollars to a “creator fund” for Indiegogo projects, which will match dollar-for-dollar certain film fundraising campaigns in exchange for exclusive distribution on Vimeo on Demand.
Additionally, Indiegogo will join the newly-launched Vimeo On Demand Publisher Network, with a dedicated VOD storefront on Indiegogo’s site featuring titles funded by Indiegogo campaigns available for purchase. Vimeo will also promote Indiegogo titles on their own website.
Here are some of the benefits that will be available to Indiegogo film campaigners who choose to distribute via Vimeo on Demand:
- Matching funds: Vimeo’s new Creator Fund will commit up to a million dollars in matching funds for select Indiegogo film campaigns in 2015.
- Vimeo marketing dollars: Vimeo will contribute digital marketing spend and social promotion for campaigns in the matching funds program and other selected Indiegogo film campaigns.
- Free unlimited fulfillment: Participating campaigns will have access to free fulfillment on all digital download perks via Vimeo VOD.
- Discounted Vimeo PRO: Indiegogo film campaigners will be eligible for a substantial discount on Vimeo PRO membership.
- Featured collection on Vimeo: An “Indiegogo Funded Films” collection will be featured on Vimeo, which reaches over 170 million global users a month.
The first project to participate in the Indiegogo/Vimeo partnership is Malcom Carter’s The Connected Universe. The film currently ranks as the highest-funded documentary in Indiegogo’s history.