Paramount+ has dropped a trailer for the new straight-to-streaming feature Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe.
Here is what is known about the film so far:
- Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe, a sequel to 1996’s Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, will premiere on Paramount+ on June 23. The film is one of several Beavis and Butt-Head projects in the works at Paramount+ since a franchise reboot was announced in 2020. The streamer’s library currently holds more than 200 episodes of the original series, with a new reboot series launching later this year.
- In the film, Beavis and Butt-Head are launched into space in 1998 (the year after the original MTV series went off the air). There, they are pulled into a wormhole which transplants them into the year 2022. As they attempt to adjust to life in the 21st century, they must do so with the NSA and the governor of Texas hot on their heels.
- Judge wrote and directed the film and reprises his roles from the original series. He also executive produces alongside Lewis Morton (Futurama), Mike Rotenberg (Beavis and Butt-Head), and Chris Prynoski, Shannon Prynoski, Ben Kalina, and Antonio Canobbio for Titmouse.
- Other voice actors include Gary Cole, Chris Diamantopoulos, Nat Faxon, Brian Huskey, Chi McBride, Tig Notaro, Stephen Root, Andrea Savage, Martin Starr, and Jimmy O. Yang.
- At the MTV Movie and TV Awards this Sunday, Paramount+ will offer a sneak peek clip of the movie.