Nickelodeon’s long-running kids’ show Blue’s Clues is getting its first feature film adaptation, and a new trailer has just been released which shows Blue and all her cartoon pals looking better than ever.
- Blue’s Big City Adventure is produced by Nickelodeon Animation and directed by Grammy-nominated director Matt Stawski (CeeLo Green’s “Fuck You” video) from a screenplay by longtime Blue’s Clues writer-producer Angela C. Santomero.
- The trailer features a made-over Blue and several other animated series regulars such as Rainbow Puppy, Mr. Salt, Mailbox, and more, each more articulated, better detailed, and more dynamically lit than their series counterparts.
- Official synopsis: Blue’s Big City Adventure follows Josh (Josh Dela Cruz), who gets the opportunity of a lifetime to audition for Rainbow Puppy’s (Brianna Bryan) Broadway musical, and Blue (Traci Paige Johnson) as they skidoo to New York City where they meet new friends and discover the magic of music, dance and following one’s dreams. The entire Blue’s Clues crew is reunited for this special movie event, with the beloved animated friends and all three hosts– Josh, Steve (Steve Burns) and Joe (Donovan Patton) – together for the first time in the Big Apple.
- The film is produced by Traci Paige Johnson and Angela C. Santomero, and executive produced by Todd Kessler, Sam Sarkoob, Robert Unger, and Matt Stawski.
- Blue’s Big City Adventure will be available to stream on November 18 on Paramount+ in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Latin America, Australia. It will premiere in Italy later this year and other international territories in 2023.