Netflix Acquires ‘Miraculous: Ladybug & Cat Noir, The Movie,’ Coming July 28
Netflix has acquired the rights to Jeremy Zag’s musical feature Miraculous: Ladybug & Cat Noir, The Movie, which will debut on the platform on July 28.
Along with the announcement, Netflix has released the film’s first teaser:
Other film details:
- Miraculous: Ladybug & Cat Noir, The Movie is directed by Jeremy Zag, who also co-wrote the screenplay with Bettina López Mendoza and wrote the film’s original songs. On Animation Studios in Montreal is handling animation. Zag produces with Aton Soumache and Daisy Shang.
- Synopsis: “Miraculous: Ladybug & Cat Noir, The Movie follows ordinary teenager Marinette, whose life in Paris goes superhuman when she becomes Ladybug. Bestowed with magical powers of creation, Ladybug must unite with her opposite, Cat Noir, to save Paris as a new villain unleashes chaos unto the city.”
- This film was announced by Zag back in 2018, but most plot and distribution details have have only been rumors since then. However, in April of this year, Paris’ Le Grand Rex cinema announced it would be world premiering the film with a special screening on June 11.
The Miraculous news came as part of a larger Netflix kids and family announcement which which also included release dates for several animated productions.
- Sonic Prime will be back on July 13.
- Supa Team 4 will debut on July 20.
- Gabby’s Dollhouse will be back on August 7.