Netflix has released the trailer for its upcoming animated holiday feature Scrooge: A Christmas Carol, launching on the platform worldwide on December 2.
- Scrooge: A Christmas Carol is directed by Stephen Donnelley (art director Lost in Oz, Monster High: Welcome to Monster High) and features re-imagined songs from two-time Academy Award-winner Leslie Bricusse.
- Timeless Films produces in association with Axis Studios. Ralph Kamp, Leslie Bricusse, and Andrew Pearce are producers with Rebecca Kamp and Gareth Kamp co-producing.
- Netflix’s synopsis: Charles Dickens’ ageless legend is reborn in this supernatural, time-traveling, musical adaptation of the definitive Christmas story. With his very soul on the line, Scrooge has but one Christmas Eve left to face his past and build a better future.
- The film’s voice cast includes Luke Evan, Olivia Colman, Jessie Buckley, Johnny Flynn, Fra Fee, Giles Terera, Trevor Dion Nicholas, James Cosmo, and Jonathan Pryce.
- With the launch of the trailer, Donnell said: “I think this version will give those who know A Christmas Carol all the things they expect, but not as they’ve experienced them before. There are more than enough psychedelic, time-travelling, and musical surprises to keep those familiar with the story on the edge of their seats, while the authentic essence of Dickens has been retained for those coming completely fresh to the classic tale.”