Great Wolf Lodge’s Feature ‘The Great Wolf Pack: A Call to Adventure’ Gets Labor Day Weekend Premiere
The Great Wolf Pack: A Call to Adventure, a feature film based on the franchise characters of the Great Wolf Lodge resort, will premiere across North America at all 19 of the company’s resort locations on September 3, 2022, with a limited release on Youtube starting September 5, 2022.
- The film, described as “the enchanting story of five unlikely woodland friends who form an unbreakable Pack while venturing out on adventures to help others in need,” will be available in-room to Great Wolf Lodge guests.
- It’s produced by Chicago-based Great Wolf Entertainment and features animation by L.A.-based studio Six Point Harness. Veteran filmmaker Chris Bailey (Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank, Runaway Brain, Kim Possible, Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem ride) directs.
- Julia Pistor (The Rugrats, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie) and Kent Redeker (Doc McStuffins, Spirit Ranger) serve as executive producers on the project. With Wolf, Six Point adds to a recent list of projects which includes The Boys on Amazon Prime, animated segments and character work for Netflix’s Waffles + Mochi, and the hour-long animated stand-up special Tig Notaro: Drawn for HBO Max. The studio also produced animation for the 2019 Oscar-winning animated short, Hair Love.
- The entertainment arm of Great Wolf has future plans for the Wolf Pack characters – Wiley Wolf, Violet Wolf, Oliver Raccoon, Sammy Squirrel, and Brinley Bear – including upcoming animated shorts, books, and immersive entertainment offerings at Great Wolf Lodge’s indoor water park resorts.
- “The Great Wolf Lodges are wonderful family resorts, with a popular cast of diverse animal characters,” said Bailey. “It’s an exciting challenge to give the Great Wolf Pack a new look for animation and create a rich world for them to explore. Our entire team was awesome as we worked together to create these films that will add to the Great Wolf Lodge experience.”