First Full Trailer For Henry Selick’s ‘Wendell & Wild’
Netflix has dropped the trailer for its upcoming stop-motion feature Wendell & Wild from director Henry Selick and co-writer/producer Jordan Peele.
- Wendell & Wild is Selick’s first feature since 2009’s Coraline. The filmmaker’s directorial debut, Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, came out just before Halloween in 1993 and become a modern classic, and Coraline too has a devoted fanbase, so expectations are high that Wendell & Wild can create a similar cultural impact.
- Netflix’s synopsis: Wendell & Wild is a stop-motion animated tale about scheming demon brothers Wendell (Keegan-Michael Key) and Wild (Peele), who enlist the aid of Kat Elliot — a tough teen with a load of guilt — to summon them to the Land of the Living. But what Kat demands in return leads to a brilliantly bizarre and comedic adventure like no other, an animated fantasy that defies the law of life and death, all told through the handmade artistry of stop motion.
- Selick and Ellen Goldsmith-Vein produce for The Gotham Group with Jordan Peele and Win Rosenfeld for Monkeypaw. Executive producers include Lindsay Williams and Eddie Gamarra for The Gotham Group and Kamil Oshundara and Ian Cooper for Monkeypaw.
- The Afro-punk driven film features music by Academy Award-nominated composer Bruno Coulais (Wolfwalkers, Coraline).
- Wendell & Wild will get a limited theatrical run on October 21 before hitting Netflix worldwide on October 28.
Netflix also shared several new high resolution stills from the film.