Whether you are a student or a working professional seeking to advance your career, there’s no better way than with in-depth, specialized training. Focusing on a specific area of animation production gives advanced skills and credentials that studios are looking for, helping to move your career in the right direction.
The Animation Workshop (TAW) in Viborg, Denmark offers short courses, workshops, and master classes to advance your projects, and one-semester intensive professional training programs in Storyboarding, Illustration, Visual Effects, or 3D Character Animation that allow students to choose a single area of focus and develop the expertise that can reshape their whole career.
The internationally recognized Animation Workshop, consistently ranked among the top animation schools by respected publications around the world, offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in Character Animation, CG Arts, and Graphic Storytelling, and has an array of workshops, programs, and training courses designed to further animation education, research, and culture.
Professional training courses from The Animation Workshop provide the best in advanced animation education, along with vibrant student life and arts culture. These courses offer students unique educational opportunities, including:
- Instruction from experienced, working professionals with insights and experience with current studio practices and real production environments.
- Curricula developed in collaboration with industry professionals.
- Six hours of teaching five days a week including a mixture of lectures, practical work on assignments/projects and/or mentoring – always in English.
- A dedicated space in the school for the class to work, network, and collaborate at all times.
- A professional network with other participants and with guest teachers – as well as with the rest of The Animation Workshop/VIA University College.
- Advice and resources for further training and employment possibilities.
- A lively, supportive student environment, with social and networking events, and the opportunity to connect with like-minded people from around the world.
This fall, TAW is again offering their superior professional training courses in Visual Effects and Storyboarding.
Students studying Storyboarding at TAW this fall will have 12 weeks of storyboarding for 2d and 3d animation, animated tv series, and live-action/vfx heavy film, using Toon Boom Storyboard Pro. The course also covers related subjects such as screen writing, cinematography, and drawing skills. Students studying Storyboarding will earn 30 ECTS credits for the semester.
The Visual Effects semester is an intensive 16 week course that includes Maya, Nuke, ZBrush, Arnold, Mari, Photoshop, 3D Equalizer, Clarisse, and Substance Painter. Students have a personalized workstation with 24/7 access, and one-on-one tutoring, working toward a showreel-worthy personal project. This exceptional program is supported by the EU, and a limited amount of scholarships are available.
Deadlines to apply for these unique training courses are coming up soon, and it’s important for international applicants to apply as soon as possible, due to the amount of time it takes to receive a visa.
Storyboarding Professional Training Course
Application deadline: June 20, 2018
Semester schedule: September 10 – November 30
More info: https://animationworkshop.via.dk/programs-and-courses/storyboard
Visual Effects Professional Training Course
Application deadline: June 10, 2018
Semester schedule: August 20 – December 7
More info: https://animationworkshop.via.dk/programs-and-courses/vfx
TAW is also running several animation courses, master classes, and events in the coming months that are well worth checking out, with deadlines coming soon as well. Some of the exciting upcoming courses on the calendar include:
- Clyde Henry Stop-Motion and Puppet Building Workshop (August 20-24): Click HERE for more info.
- World Building Workshop (September 7-9): Click HERE for more info.
- Houdini Masterclass with Andrew Lowell (September 21-23): Click HERE for more info.
- Cinematic Storytelling Masterclass with Jericca Cleland (October 13-14): Click HERE for more info.
More information about TAW courses, programs, and events can be found at the Animation Workshop website.
Don’t miss out on the fall semester of The Animation Workshop — it’s not only a unique educational and cultural experience, but it can also be a powerful way to sharpen your focus and position yourself for the next phases of your career.
(Image at top: Still from Rikke Planeta’s “Bacchus,” a Bachelor production at The Animation Workshop)