Pixar’s Luca topped an animation-heavy movie streaming ranking in Nielsen’s latest ratings.
In the week of June 14–20, seven of the ten most-streamed films in the U.S. were animated, according to the market research firm. The chart is as follows, with animated titles in bold.
- 1. Luca (Disney+), 1.57 billion minutes of viewing time
- 2. Fatherhood (Netflix), 877 million
- 3. Raya and the Last Dragon (Disney+), 576 million
- 4. Wish Dragon (Netflix), 530 million
- 5. Home (Netflix), 188 million
- 6. Moana (Disney+), 166 million
- 7. The Devil Below (Netflix), 146 million
- 8. Cruella (Disney+), 118 million
- 9. The Mitchells vs. the Machines (Netflix), 116 million
- 10. Dog Gone Trouble (Netflix), 106 million
Luca, which debuted on June 18, was by far the most watched movie of the week. As the film is 100 minutes long, its 1.57 billion minutes of viewing time equate to approximately 15.7 million views — or more, if we assume viewers turned off when the end credits started rolling at 87 minutes.