Pogo and Cartoon Network, two Warnermedia channels operating in India, have announced a slate of three home-grown comedies for the country.
Here’s the info on the three series:
- Pogo has commissioned Titoo and Lambuji Tinguji, both produced by Cosmos-Maya. Cartoon Network has acquired Bandbudh Aur Budbak, produced by Paperboat Studios, which has been on air since 2015. Read on for the official synopses.
- “Titoo is a rip-roaring comedy that follows the daily escapades of eight-year-old Titoo. He is a good-hearted, intelligent kid who loves to help everyone, but inadvertently manages to brew even more trouble. Titoo’s world includes his parents, his loving and protective brother, and his gang of friends, who get caught in his shenanigans.”
- “A slapstick buddy comedy, Lambuji Tinguji explores the funny escapades of the inseparable eponymous duo in Buddy Badi Valley. Whether fighting crime, eating at a fancy new place, or helping a citizen, they are always together in every adventure. Of course, they have their own trysts with trouble thanks to Tinguji’s big talks, and are always saved by the calm and composed Lambuji.”
- “The award-winning Bandbudh Aur Budbak features the amusing capers of two 10-year-old boys, Budhdeb and Badrinath. Thick as thieves, the two pranksters are inexplicably at the centre of every ruckus, usually getting away scot-free with a stroke of luck or with an irrational argument.”
- Abhishek Dutta, senior director and network head of Cartoon Network and Pogo in South Asia, said, “Our top priority is our fans and they love characters and great stories. These quintessentially Indian shows will resonate strongly with them. We commissioned Titoo and Lambuji Tinguji, and acquired Bandbudh Aur Budbak, for their clever use of comedy and humor. They all feature visual richness and robust characters, embedded in unique animated worlds and stories. The creativity and talent now seen in the Indian animation industry has developed tremendously and the commitment made to three homegrown IPs is testament to our belief in the industry to create world-class entertainment.”
- Siddharth Jain, managing director of Warnermedia Entertainment Networks South Asia, added, “India continues to be a priority market for Warnermedia Entertainment Networks in Asia Pacific. Investing in three new shows for Pogo and Cartoon Network in 2020 further demonstrates our commitment to scaling up and sustaining the quality of our kids entertainment.”
- Based in India and Singapore, Cosmos-Maya has 25 years’ experience producing 2d and 3d animation for local and international audiences. It recently announced that it is teaming with Spain’s Apolo Films to produce Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, its first foray into feature filmmaking.
- The Mumbai-based Paperboat was founded in 2011. It handled animation on Gitanjali Rao’s Bombay Rose, which opened the Venice Film Festival last year. Its clients include Nestlé, The World Bank, and Kraft Heinz.
- Pogo is a companion channel to Cartoon Network, and Warnermedia’s only-for-India kids entertainment network.
(Image at top, left to right: “Lambuji Tinguji” and “Titoo.”)