Amazon Studios Signs First-Look Deals With ‘Fairfax’ Creators
Amazon Studios, the conglomerate’s tv and film production arm, has been slower than many rivals to strike deals with animation figures.
But that may be changing: the studio has signed first-look pacts with the creators of new animated series Fairfax.
Details of the deal:
- The deals are with producers Matt Hausfater, Teddy Riley, and Aaron Buchsbaum, who recently formed the banner The Adorable Trio. They will create and produce projects that will debut exclusively on Prime Video.
- Fairfax debuts today on the streaming service. Set around Fairfax Avenue, L.A.’s streetwear Mecca, the comedy series satirizes hypebeast culture and Gen Z interests in general. Titmouse (Big Mouth) and Serious Business are producing with Amazon Studios.
- Riley and Buchsbaum met in college. Their first script, the comedy feature El Tigre, was picked up by Sony. They have since written and sold projects to Sony, CBS, MGM, Paramount, Universal, Comedy Central, and Roku.
- Hausfater co-produced Club de Cuervos for Netflix and wrote on NBC’s Undateable for two seasons. He also co-wrote a live-action comedy series for Phil Lord and Chris Miller (The Lego Movie, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse) at Fox.
- “We are incredibly excited to expand our working relationship with Amazon,” the trio said in a statement. “They have been amazing creative partners on Fairfax and we look forward to collaborating with them for the rest of time — or until the deal expires.”
- Hausfater is represented by Lindsay Perraud at Kaplan/Perrone; Allan Haldeman/Matt Baldovsky/Jordan Lonner at UTA; and Robby Koch at Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Kaller & Gellman, LLP. Riley, Buchsbaum, and Hausfater are all represented by Kovert Creative.