Another executive has left the House of Mouse for Netflix. Jermaine Turner joined the streamer last month as director of original series for adult animation, Cartoon Brew has confirmed.
Here are the details:
- In his new role, Turner will report to Mike Moon, Netflix’s head of adult animation. Both executives have prior experience at Disney Television Animation (DTVA).
- In his two decades at Disney, Turner held a range of roles across live action and animation, current series and development. Series he oversaw include Kim Possible, Lego Star Wars, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Power Rangers. He recently worked on the development of Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.
- Turner’s most recent title at Disney was vp, development at DTVA, a role he was promoted to in March. In this capacity, he oversaw the development of animated series and movies for the Disney Channel audience of kids 6-11, and for Disney+. He also oversaw the production of the forthcoming Disney+ reboot The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder.
- Prior to Disney, Turner worked as a development assistant at Fox Kids. There, he supported the development team on shows including Young Hercules, Digimon, and Transformers.
- Disney has yet to announce Turner’s replacement.
Kidscreen first reported the news.