Mike Moon, Netflix Head Of Adult Animation, To Depart At Month’s End
Netflix head of adult animation Mike Moon will leave the company at the end of the month to pursue other opportunities.
- Moon is a long-time animation industry veteran who has worked in film and TV at Sony Pictures Animation, Disney Television Animation, and Cartoon Network. He’s been with Netflix for the past four-and-a-half years.
- Unlike many TV animation executives, Moon comes from an artistic background and worked for more than 15 years as an animator at companies such as Warner Bros., Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Hanna-Barbera.
- According to a Deadline report, Netflix is currently searching for Moon’s successor, and remains committed to original adult animation content and Vine Studios, an animated series production facility in which Moon was heavily invested.
- The report also indicates that Moon’s departure is not related to the recent changes in Netflix’s animation unit, including Melissa Cobb stepping down as VP animation film and Karen Toliver replacing her.
- Netflix’s adult animation slate under Moon includes shows such as Human Resources, Inside Job, The Midnight Gospel, and the upcoming Entergalactic from Kenya Barris and Kid Cudi, Agent King from Priscilla Presley and John Eddie, and Exploding Kittens from Mike Judge and Greg Daniels.
News of Moon’s departure was first reported by Deadline.
Pictured at top: “Inside Job,” “Human Resources,” “Midnight Gospel”